Thursday, February 2, 2012

DAY FOUR

I don't wanna keep repeating the obvious, so unless stated, just assume I've followed the program just like every other day.

Just some general observations of the program so far:
  • I have A LOT more energy during the day. Before I started, I would usually want to take a nap during lunch and I would always get lethargic around 2:00pm - 3:00pm. Since I started Isagenix, I haven't been tired during the day at all. Even despite the obvious cut in calories. It's really refreshing.
  • I sleep earlier than usual. I've suffered from insomnia for years... but I've been sleeping quite early lately. Around 10:00pm (early for me!). The only problem I've had in the last couple of days is that I keep having to wake up to pee! 
9:45am:
    • Still have that salty taste in my mouth... I wonder if this is normal. I'm kinda hungry but since it's not even 10am I'm gonna hold off on my snack (hard boiled egg) for as long as I can. I can't wait to eat FOOD. Lunch time has turned into the greatest of treats for me...

      Torture.

      11:45am:
      • Super hungry. It doesn't help that this is sitting in front of me....... ~~~> ALL DAY. My brain is saying, you don't need it... My mouth/stomach is saying, TASTE THE RAINBOW! Sigh..... 15 minutes until lunch aka: salvation (Yes, I know I can have all temptation removed from my eyesight, but I don't wanna be one of those crazies that has to punish others for my lack of self control).


      12:30pm
      • I felt absolutely famished by the time I ate lunch; I'm not sure why. I also started to get a light headache a little while after I ate. 
      • For lunch I had a turkey patty, about 2/3 cup brown rice, and a salad of broccoli and tomatoes. I usually hate broccoli, but I'm trying to get as much healthy nutrients into my body as possible.


      Some thoughts:
      • I've gone on different types of diets before... including the South Beach Diet which I had success with when I was in college. Any time I went "low carb", I noticed results right away. Also, cravings for sweets and grains disappeared by the 4th day. 
      • I'm a little disappointed that this isn't the case with Isagenix. It's probably because the only thing restrictive is the amount of calories, not the kinds of food. I can still eat apples and brown rice which probably make the withdrawal from sugars a slower process. However, I admittedly have a sweet tooth and thought eliminating all refined sugar from my diet would have some sort of effect by now. Not so much. Still want a cookie! 
      • Alas, $300 is a lot of money to quit on... so instead, I'm eating yet another apple.
      8:00pm
      • Had a headache when I got off work and was really tired... Kinda ironic because this morning I was raving about feeling more energized. I damn near ate a bowl of chocolate cheerios, but willed myself against it and ate a couple of cucumbers instead-- which made me feel a little better. I think maybe my lunch was too small-- it was probably 400 calories exactly. I read that if you're hungry, you should eat something. I didn't eat much calorie-wise so I really hope this doesn't mess up my program!
      • I honestly don't feel lighter at all, which is a little discouraging. Like I said, I usually see results fairly quickly when I change my eating habit so drastically. I know it's only day four, but people I know saw big numbers on day 7 and I've only lost a pound. 
      • Sigh... drank my shake and going to bed early. No hard workout today since I felt so crappy. I just did 100 crunches and did some free weight training. Hopefully, tomorrow is better.
      This works!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment