Friday, February 3, 2012

DAY FIVE

Hello, Day Five! No other weight loss to report... but at least week one is almost over! I only took one Isaflush pill last night so I had a better night's sleep (didn't have to get up 10x).

I've decided to change up my snacks today. Apparently, the scooby snacks are a mix of carbs and protein. So, since a small gala apple and a hard boiled egg are both around 70 calories each. I'm gonna eat half the egg and half the apple for the mid morning snack and the other halves for the mid afternoon snack. Bear with me, I'm just trying to see what works better for my body.

Lunch:
  • Was quite hungry again by the time lunch came around... I wonder when my stomach/appetite will get used to this shortage of food. They say two weeks... so one more to go?! Great.
  • For lunch I had a little bit of brown rice, fish in tomato sauce and eggplant. I also had a small apple as 'dessert'.  
Mind over matter:
  • I've been trying to keep busy this afternoon to keep me from thinking about being hungry, having sugar cravings... etc. I guess it's working because by this time (3:00pm), I'm usually craving for something sweet... (SKITTLES!) 
  • I'm actually not that hungry at all. My alarm went off for my mid afternoon snack but I haven't eaten it yet. I will in a little though... Just to keep my blood sugar up and not go into binge mode later. Since I've started the program, I've noticed that the times that get rough and I'm hungry are right before lunch 11:30am-ish and right after work (6:00pm-ish). Those are the danger zones when I just wanna break from the program and eat something satisfying...
  • Needless to say, I'm terrified of cleanse day! I wish I had picked it to start on a Sunday so that I could at least sleep through most of it. I feel like I should put a beware sign on my desk for my coworkers. 
Hitting a Wall:
  • So, I'm kinda hitting a wall right now... It's not that I'm hungry or having any sweet cravings (I'm actually not, surprisingly). It's just that this is just... well, it sucks. I keep thinking there's a more sensible way to lose weight without liquid meals and chalk "snacks". SIGH. Maybe I'm just thinking of the weekend and how I have to plan my activities around my "meals". 
  • I just need to remember why I started this... and stick to the program so I can at least say I tried.
  • P.S. I've googled A LOT of Isagenix blogs to see what others have experienced. I've gotta say, when it comes to the 30 day cleanse 80% of them stop at day 8 or week 2... with no explanation. It's pretty funny. I think the ones with completed results are from men. I vow not to do that. If I quit, I guarantee you a giant "I QUIT" post... with a picture of me devouring some nachos!
Emergency FAIL:
Tonight I was out without my baggie of emergency "snacks" and without a shake supply... I didn't get home until 10:00pm so all I ate were several of these all-natural honey graham sticks. FAILURE. I skipped the shake when I got home so I didn't add more calories to the day... I guess I'll be paying for this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment